Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Practicing my skills

On Monday, I heard gunshots on the street outside my apartment building while I was watching telelvision and soon, the police and emergency medical technicians came and blocked off the street. Looking out my window, I saw very little, other than flashing lights and some people wandering the street hoping for a peek.

With the help of a tool that Professor Kennedy demonstrated in class, I was able to get some information on this disruption outside my window. According to BPDNews.com, this is what happened:
At about 8:22pm yesterday officers from District 4 responded to 62 Hammond St. for reports of shots fired. On arrival officers located a victim suffering from gunshot wounds who reported that he was shot while in front of 62 Hammond St. The victim was transported to Boston Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. Officers recovered ballistic evidence at the scene but no suspects were apprehended.
I live at 96 Hammond St., so you can see that I was right near the action. It was good to get this information to help me figure out the severity of the incident. Hopefully, there will be an update on catching whoever it was who disrupted my block.

BPDNews.com is certainly a useful tool, as was discussed in class. I hope that one day it will add a feature similar to Chicagocrime.org, which is great because it maps out crimes and allows users to filter and customize information according to their needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home