Monday, September 25, 2006

The Internet can make dreams come true

I have always thought about trying out to appear on "Jeopardy." I've watched the program for as long as I can remember and even own the home edition of the game (I don't ever play it). Trivia to me is fun not because I am trying to prove that I know everything, but because I think of it as exercise for the brain.

In the past, I've never been able to try out for "Jeopardy." I never know when the tests are or where they are held. I know they often come to New York, my hometown, but I never know when. Now, myself and millions of others who have always wanted to audition can do so. A few months ago, "Jeopardy" had an online test for its general program, allowing anyone with a computer and an internet connection to try out for the show. This coming Wednesday, the show is once again conducting an online test, this time for its college tournament.

I would not be surprised if all game shows soon will be conducting tryouts online. Why not? It's easy and you get immense publicity for your show and website. Millions of people want to try to get rich and famous in a quick fashion. It's becoming the new American dream. This seems like a perfect opportunity to let them have their shot. For "Survivor," maybe CBS could set up a site that allows you to post a video of yourself and then others can vote on who they would like to see. If you want to get on "Jeopardy," answer questions that appear on your screen. That's the brilliance of the internet. Anyone can do anything.

If you're curious at all, this will be the second time that I am trying out for a televised trivia game show. Three months ago, I auditioned for ESPN's "Stump the Schwab." Although I passed the written test, my oral audition in front of the camera did not fare as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home